ICE Information Now!
Last Update: 28 April 2020
1. ICE Information Now (referred to as “ICE-Info-Now!”, “the Site”, “we”, “our”, “us” or “Company”) provides private, user selected information in response to a user's registered ICE-Info-Now! Code being sent to our service. We are aware of the importance of security and privacy for the information that we store and provide.
Who Are We?
6. ICE-Info-Now! is operated by IIN Ltd., a company registered in New Zealand with the New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) 9429047206830. The registered address is 92 Bay Vista Drive, RD1, Takaka 7183.
What Personal Information Do We Collect For Our Business?
7. When you visit www.ice-info-now.org (“the Site”), we automatically collect “Device Information” which tells us certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, location, time zone, and potentially cookies that are installed on your device. As you browse the Site, we may collect information on how you interact with the Site, such as the individual web pages or products that you view. We may also collect data on what websites or search terms referred you to the Site.
8. We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are small text data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Site or our services. Examples of the cookies we use are:
- Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- “Log files” monitor your interactions with the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, ISP, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect “Order Information” from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, and email address.
What Other Personal Information Do We Have Access To?
9. Beyond the above “Device” and “Order” Personal Information, the Site stores the following information, provided by you the user:
- Personal profile: This is information on your name, contacts, gender, age;
- Medical information: Who are your primary medical care providers, insurance providers (including copies of medical and insurance policies);
- Medical history: Information on illnesses and other medical conditions that you would like to have shared in the event of an emergency;
- Emergency contacts: The email addresses and/or mobile phone numbers of persons to be contacted in the event of an emergency;
- Address details; and,
- Other information required to be supplied to partners, such as event registration and documentation forms.
10. Providing most of the above information is optional. However, if you choose not to enter a verified email address, you will be unable to use the Site, except for event registrations which are provided directly to the event organizer.
Personal Information on Minors
11. We do not allow minors (persons under the age of 18) to use our site unless they have been registered by their authorized parent or guardian. Any accounts found in violation of this term will be terminated without a refund and all information pertaining to that user account will be erased.
Your Data Protection Rights
12. You have the following rights with regards to the personally information we keep on file for you:
- Deleting your Personal Information. You have the right to have your Personal Information deleted (a.k.a. "right to be forgotten"). This is done by deleting your data which will also close your account. Please note that the financial history of transactions will be retained for tax purposes, but there will be no Personal Information retained.
- Object to processing your Personal Information. Our processing of Personal Information consists of:
- Sending it out in the event of an emergency. You have the right to object to our processing your Personal Information (a.k.a. "right to objection"). This is done by de-selecting the E-mail and/or SMS options under the ‘Master Response and Notifications Override’ option under the ‘Sharing Information’ option. We will then no longer process your Personal Information unless we can prove pressing legal reasons for the processing which trump your interests, rights and freedoms.
- Providing the information to event organizers. If you do not wish for this to be done do not register for an event as your information is automatically supplied to the event organizer. If you wish to remove the information we have you can delete this by cancelling your event registration.
- Sharing information. You have the “data portability right” wherein you can request us to share your information with other organizations of your choice. There may be a cost for this service depending on the nature of the request.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
14. ICE-Info-Now! uses the data collected from registered users for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the ICE-Info-Now! services—in particular sending out messages in the event of emergencies;
- To notify you about news and changes to ICE-Info-Now! via email newsletters;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of ICE-Info-Now! when you choose to do so;
- To provide customer care and support;
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve ICE-Info-Now!; and,
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
15. ICE-Info-Now! does not use data submitted as part of an event registration process for any purposes beyond adding the event organizer's contacts to your 'Emergency Contacts List' for the duration event. Your information is also provided to the event organizers who manage the data in accordance with their own privacy policies.
16. We use the Device Information that we collect to:
- Screen for potential risk and fraud; and,
- Improve the user experience and optimize our Site.
17. We use the Order Information that we collect to:
- Fill all orders placed through the site;
- Process payments for orders;
- Send invoices and confirmations.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?
18. You define in your profile what information is to be shared with whom in the event of an emergency:
- To the Emergency Responder who has access to your ICE-Info-Now! Code; and,
- To your Emergency Contacts List.
19. When you register as participating in an event, the event organizer will be provided with a copy of the information you agreed to share through your registration.
20. We employ third party companies and individuals to provide development and technical support ("Service Providers"). These third parties may have access to your Personal Information, but only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
21. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties, except when related to processing a sales order.
22. Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. ICE-Info-Now! may therefore disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of ICE-Info-Now!;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the ICE-Info-Now! services;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the ICE-Info-Now! services or the public; and/or,
- To protect against legal liability.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
23. We keep your Personal Information as long as we have a business relationship with you, as evidenced by you not closing your account, or we being notified of your death. A record of your financial transactions is kept separately for reconciling our New Zealand tax obligations.
Where Does Your Personal Information Reside?
24. The Site is hosted by 1and1 IONOS, a web hosting company owned by United Internet, a German internet company. It has data centres in Europe and the USA.
25. Your Personal Information is therefore being transferred to—and maintained on— computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction. Please be aware that the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
26. Processing of your Personal Information—in particular your order information—will be done in New Zealand and other jurisdictions where ICE-Info-Now! has Service Providers.
Links to Other Sites
29. We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
How Secure is Your Personal Information?
30. The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We try and keep your information safe by sending it over the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) with a certificate issued by DigiCert (www.digicert.com).
31. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we regret that we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Consider Your Own Security
32. Since you will be uploading your Personal Information, you should properly secure your computer. To help do this, you can use anti-spyware and virus protection software. You can also restrict access to your computer (for example, by using a strong password for your computer login and a network firewall).
33. Accidental access could be obtained by leaving yourself logged on and leaving your computer unattended, ‘over-the-shoulder’ access or from unsecure print-outs of your information.
34. Unauthorised access could involve someone who is known to you guessing your password or a stranger/hacker circumventing our security measures. Social engineering is the easiest way to achieve unauthorised access to your information. To prevent this never give your access details to anyone, this includes your password.
- By visiting this page on our website: https://ice-info-now.org/index.php/more/privacy.
Annex: Compliance with the Rules Contained in the New Zealand Health Information Privacy Code (1994)
Rule 1: Purpose for Collecting Health Information
Rule 2: Source of Health Information
- The source of health information will come directly from you.
Rule 3: What to Tell and Individual
- Since you are the only source of health information this rule should not apply.
Rule 4: Manner of Collecting Health Information
- The health information supplied by yourself (or on behalf of an individual e.g. a minor in their care) is entirely at your discretion.
Rule 5: Storing and Securing Health Information
- Access to your account will be blocked following 5 failed attempts to logon. Your account is unblocked by using the forgotten password function on the website.
- Daily Backups are performed to allow system restores to be performed in a disaster recovery situation.
Rule 6: Accessing Health Information
- We will endeavour to ensure that you have access to the ICE-Info-Now! site at all times, however, we cannot guarantee that this will be achieved.
- The transmission of your health information in case of an emergency will be made by email and/or SMS text message. Neither of these mechanisms is 100% reliable—particularly SMS text messages.
Rule 7: Correcting Health Information
- You can correct or update your health information any time by logging into your profile on the ICE-Info-Now! site.
Rule 8: Accuracy of Health Information
- Since you provide the health information, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. You can have the Site send you reminders at regular intervals to update your information.
- We recommend that you post a photo to your profile so that this can be transmitted via email as part of any emergency information. This will help ensure correct identification.
Rule 9: Retaining Health Information
Rule 10: Using Health Information
- The only purpose of your health information is for you to have key information shared with emergency responders in case of an emergency where you are not able to provide information.
Rule 11: Disclosing Health Information
- Your health information will automatically be disclosed to anyone who logs into www.ice-info-now.org your personal ICE-Info-Now! Code, or sends the code to ICE-Info-Now! by SMS text message.
- If you are participating in a event, you can elect to have your information shared with the event organizer.
- We will not disclose your health information to any other parties.
Rule 12: Unique Identifiers
- Secondary identifiers are your ICE-Info-Now! Code(s). These are unique six letter codes which emergency responders may use to access your health information online or through an SMS text message. There may be multiple codes associated with a single email address.